We are a leading provider of technology solutions in the retail industry. We have nearly two decades of experience working with some of the world’s leading retailers to optimize their business processes and accelerate learning within their organization. Currently, our core technologies and fail-safe infrastructure deliver online training to over 100,000 users in over 3,500 locations. We’re developing a next generation retail store performance management system leveraging Java, Ajax, web services, and Flash.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for a full-time Java Developer to join our growing team.
The Java Developer will be responsible for developing, unit testing, and deploying a number of J2EE based retail products and sub-systems for a large North American retailer.
As a pivotal member of our development team, the successful applicant will be participating in all areas of software development including technical analysis, architecture, prototyping, development, integration and system documentation. He or she will be working with an application architect, a business analyst and client representatives.
* Expertise in Java, J2EE and at least one application server or servlet container such as Tomcat
* Expertise in database programming, solid understanding of database modeling
* Expertise in Eclipse, Ant, Spring, and Hibernate
* Working knowledge of Spring WS and Spring MVC
* Working knowledge of load-balancing principles an asset
* Working knowledge of Ajax an asset
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* An entrepreneurial mindset: proactive and a self-starter
* End user focused
* 5+ years of core Java development experience
* 5+ years of J2EE, JSP, XML development experience
* 3+ years of relational database experience (database programming and modeling), preferably with MS-SQL Server
* 5+ years of hands-on experience with J2EE application servers, such as Tomcat
* 3+ years of hands-on experience with Apache Struts and Spring
* Working knowledge of ANT and SVN
* Working knowledge of Castor
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent